- Operate and drive different kinds of trucks to transport goods and materials over long distances
- Plan trip logistics and obtain necessary documents to transport goods
- Load and unload cargo
- Ensure cargo is secured properly and compliant with safety requirements
- Follow safety procedures for transporting hazardous goods
- Perform pre-trip, en-route, and post-trip inspection of vehicle
- Record cargo information, hours of service, distance traveled, and fuel expenditures
- Manage bills of lading
- Maintain logbooks
- Communicate with dispatcher, other drivers, and customers by means of wireless devices and on-board computers
- Report any incidents to dispatcher
- Follow all appropriate traffic laws
- Report serious mechanical problems to the manager
- Keep truck and associated equipment tidy and in good working order
At Contractor Sales & Service (CSS), we have grown and changed right along with the industry. Our well-trained staff keeps us moving forward and the services and products we offer continue to evolve and improve. Our consistency comes from our hardworking and amazing employees.
CSS is a growing company. We focus on innovation, safety, and smart business practices. As we continue to grow and expand our national reach, we’re committed to retaining a small-company feel. We know that every employee has something important to say and has unique experiences to complement our work product. Every employee is integral to our success. We nurture a positive environment by hiring talented, local people who share our commitment to creating a great company.
We are always accepting applications for the following jobs: Drivers, service techs, and accounts receivables.
If interested in joining our team, please complete the linked application above and email to info@CSSequip.com or fax to 515.266.7034. Please be sure to complete all sections of the application. Upon careful consideration and review, we will contact those applicants who best meet our needs and meet our qualifications. Thank you for your interest!